1. At the end of the unit on laws of motion, Mr. Condor wants to determine what the students have learned. He plans to give an assessment based on the class experience with lab activities and readings he provided. This type of assessment would be called which of the following?
2. Ms. Vazques teaches a Language Arts class using a workshop model. Her students spend a lot of time working on the writing process. At the beginning of the year, she wants to gauge what her students’ individual processes for writing are like. Which of the following would be the most appropriate assessment to gain this information?
3. Washington High School is a very large school. There are six sections of senior English and the department faculty wants to make sure that all students are succeeding to the standards set as a department rather than the standards of any one teacher. Which of the following actions would be best suited for the department to undertake?
4. At the beginning of the school year, Middle Vale High School gives a standardized test to all 9th graders. The purpose of this test is to determine the grade-level equivalencies for each student. The school makes the test a “No-Stakes Test,” meaning it has no impact on the students’ grades, and just asks the students to do their best. What would be the most useful purpose of such a test?
5. Middle Vale High School works hard to prepare their students for standardized tests like the PSAT and SAT. In the 9th grade year, all students are given a standardized test to determine their current abilities. Once the students have taken the test, the tests are first graded to see the original data that each student has generated. The score associated with this grading system would be which of the following?