Red Seal Cook
Maintained and Updated as of 2023
Select how would you like to study
This module features 400 review questions designed to help you prepare for culinary exams like the Canadian Red Seal Chef test.
- Safety and Sanitation – 32 questions
- Common Occupational Skills – 32 questions
- Produce – 28 questions
- Stocks and Soups – 36 questions
- Sauce – 32 questions
- Dairy and Egg Products Alternatives – 24 questions
- Pasta – 24 questions
- Grains, Seeds, Pulses, Nuts, and Soy- and Wheat-Based Proteins – 28 questions
- Meat, Poultry, Game, and Game Birds – 52 questions
- Fish and Shellfish – 44 questions
- Garde-manger – 36 questions
- Baked Goods and Desserts – 32 questions
PracticeQuiz’s intuitive UI provides three different practice modes:
- a Study Mode that helps you learn at your own pace with instant feedback
- a Test Mode that lets you time yourself and choose the topics you want to study
- a Review Mode to go over your answers and see what you missed
PracticeQuiz.com is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the CCDA or any other organization.
There are 150 questions on the Red Seal Cook exam, divided across the following thirteen categories: Hygiene, Sanitation, and Safety (13 questions), Common occupational skills (11 questions), Produce (12 questions), Stocks, broths, and soups (12 questions), Sauces (13 questions), Cheese, dairy, plant-based dairy alternatives, eggs and egg products (10 questions), Pastas, noodles, stuffed pastas and dumplings (10 questions), Grains, pulses, seeds, nuts and alternative proteins (11 questions), Meats, game, poultry, game birds and variety meats (16 questions), Fish and seafood (15 questions), Salads and sandwiches (9 questions), Specialty preparation (8 questions), and Sweet and savoury baked goods and desserts (10 questions).
Passing the Red Seal Cook exam grants the test taker the official Red Seal occupational title of “Cook,” which is approved by the Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship in Canada.
Top exams on PracticeQuiz
Ted Chan is the Managing Editor of PracticeQuiz.com. Ted has experience as a journalist and a writer, including editorial or content production roles at ESPN, Better Business Bureau, The Boston Globe, and Forbes. Ted holds a BA from Swarthmore College with High Honors, and a MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management.
All content, unless otherwise noted, was created for PracticeQuiz. Let an editor now if you have suggested content edits by emailing us at the support address in the header, or by commenting in the Contribute box above.