Praxis II Mathematics Content Knowledge Exam Prep

Maintained and Updated as of 2024

Practice Quiz presents 50 free review questions and explanations for the Praxis II: Mathematics exam given by ETS

Select how would you like to study

The PRAXIS II Mathematics exam is administered by the Educational Testing Service at various dates throughout the year to American citizens who wish to prove their knowledge of Mathematical content. The PRAXIS series tests are normally administered to those who are seeking employment in American schools. Passing scores are set by the individual states, and applicants may take the exam depending on the dates given by their closest testing center. This exam may be taken in paper or computerized form. Applicants may retake the paper test as many times as they choose, while on computer takers must wait 30 days before a retest. 

Test-takers have 2 hours to complete 50 multiple-choice questions, and they are allowed to use a graphing calculator during the exam. Questions cover the following areas:

  • Measurement, Geometry, and Trigonometry
  • Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability
  • Discrete Mathematics

Need to brush up on your science skills? Check out our Praxis II General Science Content Knowledge Exam Prep set with dozens of free practice test questions.

Disclaimer: This content is provided for informational purposes only. It has not been edited, fact checked or updated. This content is neither affiliated nor endorsed by the Educational Testing Service or any other official agency. These questions were written by a third party test prep company and licensed by Practice Quiz for use on this site. Please use at your own discretion.


There are 60 questions on the Praxis Mathematics Content Science exam across the following two categories: Number and Quantity, Algebra, Functions, and Calculus (41 questions, 68%), and Geometry, Probability, and Statistics (19 questions, 32%).

The Praxis Mathematics Content exam is two hours and thirty minutes long.

A passing score for the Praxis Mathematics Content exam is between 135-160 depending on the state.

A passing grade on the Praxis Mathematics Content exam is intended for individuals who intend to become a secondary school mathematics teacher.

Supplemental Test Prep Materials

Question List Mode

Select how would you like to study

Top exams on PracticeQuiz


Ted Chan

Ted Chan

Managing Editor

Ted Chan is the Managing Editor of Ted has experience as a journalist and a writer, including editorial or content production roles at ESPN, Better Business Bureau, The Boston Globe, and Forbes. Ted holds a BA from Swarthmore College with High Honors, and a MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management. Ted also studied at the Harvard Business School, earning a Certificate in Value-based Health Care Delivery.

All content, unless otherwise noted, was created for PracticeQuiz. Let an editor now if you have suggested content edits by emailing us at the support address in the header, or by commenting in the Contribute box above.