Interior Design Practice Exam
Maintained and Updated as of 2022
PracticeQuiz.com provides 191 original Interior Design practice questions and explanations to help prepare the user for the NCIDQ IDPX Professional Exam and is also useful for those preparing for the IDFX and PRAC.
The National Council for Interior Design Qualification administers three exam designed to establish the proficiency of an Interior Designer.
These include the IDFX: Interior Design Fundamentals Exam and the IDPX: Interior Design Professional Exam, each with 150 multiple choice questions, and the PRAC: Interior Design Practicum full day practical exam.
Topics on these exams include:
- Knowledge of and skill in programming, sustainability and site analysis
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of design theory and the relationship between human behavior and the designed environment
- Knowledge of and skill in integration of building systems and construction
- Knowledge of and skill in sourcing and research as it relates to manufacturers' and vendors' information regarding furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Knowledge of and skill in development and use of construction drawings, schedules and specifications
- Knowledge of and skill in measuring, drafting and technical drawing conventions
- Knowledge of and skill in visual, written and verbal design communication methods and techniques
PracticeQuiz.com provides 191 original practice questions and explanations to help prepare the user for the IDPX Professional Exam and is also useful for those preparing for the IDFX and PRAC. The questions on PracticQuiz.com focus on the following topics:
Disclaimer: This content is provided for informational purposes only. It has not been edited, fact checked or updated. This content is neither affiliated nor endorsed by any official organization. These questions were written by a third party test prep company and licensed by PracticeQuiz for use on this site. Please use at your own discretion.
- Code requirements, laws, standards & regulations, including accessibility guidelines, sustainable design practices
- Building systems, buiing construction
- Construction documents, schedules, specifications, architectural woodworking
- Measuring, drafting and technical drawing conventions
- Selection, specification, use and care of furniture, fixtures and equipment, including window treatments and textiles
- Selection, specification, use and care of interior finishes and materials (e.g. acoustics, life safety considerations, performance and properties)
- Selection, specification, use and care of lighting
- Procurement, cost estimating, Sourcing and research as it relates to manufacturers’ and vendors’ information